Friday, September 2, 2011

life lately

i'm loving the hair stylist life. got my business card. :) don't mind my hansome studious hubby in the background.. it's fun to get into the trends. . especially the hair ones, since we offer them at the salon. the biggest are the hair feathers.

and the clip in hair extensions that give you a pop of color without coloring your hair. (ignore my ghostly white face.. bad lighting)

and newspaper nails. so much fun:) i did it with water instead of rubbing alcohol .. i didn't want to put that on my nails yuck. you just put the newspaper in the water and then onto your nail and then peel it off!!
the yummy food i've had lately!
since ohio doesn't have paradise, i settled for panera bread and they have ALOT of things i like better!! the medeterannean veggie sandwich on tomato basil bread and the garden veggie pesto soup is my favorite :)
i had my friend jill (one of the residents wife) over and i made pizza and a yummy greek salad. first time making it. it turned out yumm!

we had some friends from church over for dinner and i made the cafe rio sweet pork salad from scratch. cafe rio doesn't exist here and we were having withdrawls! they love cafe rio also! it took me a few hours because it was my first time, but it was soo yummy. i made the tortilla's from scratch, did the sweet pork, cilantro lime rice, beans and the dressing they use!! i even added fresh cilantro, parmesan cheese and the tortilla strips. i felt i was really there!

and a stylist at work told me about menchies. it's a self serve yogurt place! didn't know they existed here. i was so excited!! it is soooo yummy with a million different kind of toppings. i got carried away and filled it to the top top. haha. i went by myself because j was busy with doctorly duties. i don't mind doing things by myself.. guess that's good!

jill took me to pic up her weekly basket of produce (csa) yummiest things ever! i totally wanna jump on the bandwagon
YUM. so fresh!

they even had a band playing! loved it! i got pepper jack cheese made by amish. it was so good, and also homemade whole wheat bread that was similar-ish to my mama's bread

my friends are having baby girls, so i've been having fun making clips/headbands and bows!
i helped jill make things for her baby's room! it turned out so cute with help from the cricut!



ohhh how pretty the sky was!

i got a gym membership. it's an awesome gym. it has a lady only work out area.. tons of machines.. three levels of work out "stuff" and a track on top, a pool, and a theater that shows movies while you do the tredmill, bikes or elipticals!

i'm so excited for fall. i got bath and body's candle. they were two for one right now! they smell soo yummy and get me in the mood for fall!


3 comments:

Angie Milne said...

I love reading about your fun life in Ohio! And seeing all your cute projects!!!

Kylee said...

Oo I want those clip in hair extensions! So cute :]

marilyn said...

Yum, that made me hungry, you are amazing Jos, you just can do anything, one of the many things I love about you, your zest for life and everything in it. You are so pure and precious! I look forward to your blog so much, I feel like we are sharing Ohio with you.