Sunday, December 5, 2010

warning: i look tired.

and this is why.

thanksgiving was different this year. not as relaxing, we decided to start our morning at 6:00 am to run the turkey trot. (sis and i neverrrrr run- and decided to take the challenge). Two months ago, we couldn't even run a minute without stopping. just helped train me and I realized that I can run slow and gradually get faster.


us at six ish in the morning

the girls!


i love my sis and g


oh mitch.. you're a turkey.

i was so pumped during the race, i put my hands up in the air and said "booyah". i was ahead of sis by a long shot. i couldn't run anymore, i was exhausted-- little did i know, the race had 3 hills. long story short, sis sprinted ahead of me right at the finish line and beat me by 2 seconds-- literally. oh wellll. she did such a good job. we were both ecstatic to have made our goal. 3.1 miles in 30 minutes!


we had a wonderful day. watched the macy's day parade and made the meal together and expressed our gratitude for such a wonderful life.


oh how this year has been so good to me.

recap:

january-moved back home february:got a job at an amazing salon

april:bought my own car

may:4 of my friends and sister got married and at the end of the month

i met the man of my dreams

september: got engaged

and now to end the year, i get to be sealed to him forever.

oh, so thankful.






after justins night shift in california he drove and got just in time for thanksgiving night and the weekend :) we went to see tangled at the movies and loved it


5 am comes and mom and i do the traditional black friday madness!


nana came this year!

we got such great deals. 50 % - 70% off: christmas shopping.. check.





somehow after we finished shopping at noon, i had enough energy and asked justin if we could hike camelback.


fun hike. i love this man.

what a great thanksgiving even though i was exhausted.

3 comments:

Becca said...

Its soooo close!!! Good luck the next couple of weeks. I am so happy for you Jos!

Jill Heaps said...

LOVE IT! I am SOO proud of you and Lauris for running. WAY TO GO!!! I need to get some shopping tips from the pros cause I am not so good in this department! :) I can't wait to see you!!! LOVE YOU

marilyn said...

I didn't even go shopping, I need you guys to go with. I'm so proud of you and Laurisa running, that was great time, I think you will really love it, expecially if you run with Justin, but he has such long legs it wouldn't be exactly a fair run! We are sooooo excited for the Wedding, Jos I love you!